Keeping the apps on your iPhone up to date is important not only for security reasons, but to ensure you have all the latest features.
While you can always set your apps to update automatically so you don’t have to keep an eye on them, if you prefer to install updates manually, doing so is pretty straightforward.
However, the way you manually update apps differs slightly in iOS 13 compared to previous versions. In iOS 13, you’ll need to go through a few extra steps to find the update page.
But once you know where to look, a few taps will make sure you’re on track with the latest release available.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to update apps on iOS 13 manually
1. From your iPhone‘s home screen, tap the App Store icon to open it. In the top-right corner of the screen, tap your profile icon.
2. Scroll down until you see a list of apps. The ones that say “Update” next to them can be updated, while the ones that say “Open” have already been updated.
3. Tap the “Update” icon next to each app you wish to update, and the download/installation process will begin.
How to update apps on iOS 13 automatically
If you want to turn automatic updates on your iOS 13 device on or off, you can do so via the Settings app.
1. Open the Settings app on your device and tap the banner with your name and profile picture at the top.
2. Select the “iTunes & App Store” option.
3. Under “Automatic Downloads,” toggle the “App Updates” option on or off according to your preference.